Crown Court and Serious Crime
Serious and complex cases are heard at the Crown Court whether it be for trial, sentence or appeal. JSPS is a leading name in dealing with serious crime and complex cases. We deal with a full range of cases including:
- Murder and manslaughter cases
- Rape and sexual offences
- “Cold cases”
- Complex fraud
- Armed robbery
- Serious offences of violence
- Human trafficking
- Drug importation/trafficking and associated conspiracies
- R –v- S (2000) Stansted Airport Hijack
- R-v N (1995) Rettendon Murders
- R v D (2005) Cold Case Murder, 1978
- R v L (2005) Lakeside Manslaughter
- R v B (2007) Conspiracy to Defraud a Major Financial Institution
- R v G (2008) Multi-£Million Conspiracy to Supply Class A Drugs & Money Laundering
- R –v- O (2007) and R v W (2010) Multiple Count Conspiracy to commit Armed Robbery of
- Cash in Transit Operatives
- R –v- N (2009) International human trafficking conspiracy
- R v W (2010) Murder following a Classical Music Concert
We are able to offer a client continuity and confidence by providing an inhouse advocacy department. Matthew Bone, Ian Clift, Chris Whitcombe and Carly Denniss are our Solicitor-Advocates.
Alternatively you will be represented by Counsel from 2 Bedford Row described as a leading criminal chambers.
If you have any questions regarding this work please speak to either Matthew Bone or Michael Rees at the Southend Office and Ian Clift or Derik Lamont at the Basildon Office who will be happy to advise you further.